A chapel is shown on Saxton’s map of Staffordshire dated 1577 which suggests a place of worship was already in existence in Blurton at that time.
The church was rebuilt in 1626 with a building looking very much as it does today.In 1750 the Rev Obadiah Lane provided £100 to build the Lane Chancel at the east end of the church.
A brick extension to the church was provided in 1822 by the Marquis of Stafford, Lord George Gower.In 1831 Blurton became a Parish in its own right separating from the Parish of Trentham.
St Alban's Centre & Cafe
St. Alban’s Church and Community Centre is situated on the southern edge of Stoke- on-Trent in the ward of Blurton West and Newstead. It has a population of 6,527 residents however the countryside and farm shop are only a walk away. Adjacent is the ward of Blurton East bringing the overall population to approximately 11,000. The parish as a whole has mix of council owned and private homes.
St. Alban’s is about 10 minutes walk from the mother church of St. Bartholomew’s and is in the heart of the centre of Blurton where the shops, pub, health clinic and local council office are located. There is a number of schools in the locality.